Sunday, September 19, 2010

Feelings..nothing more than feelings

There are "thinkers" and there are "feelers." I am a feeler. At times I embrace it and other times, I wish I was the other. I embrace it when I can empathize with a friend or with my kids at work.  It is not embraced during the times when "my feelings" are hurt.

God is teaching me that in the end, my feelings don't really matter. In situations when my feelings are hurt, I'm learning that I need to sit back and say to myself, "It's not about me." I need to look at the situation and try to understand why the person is acting this way. The lesson is how I am reacting to them, being a true friend and not letting the current situation cross out years of friendship. 

Right now, the Lord is reminding me that "A friend loves at ALL times." 

No comments:

Post a Comment