Saturday, September 25, 2010

When you look in the mirror...

If you pass by a mirror quickly, you can get a quick glimpse of what you look like. You can see in a couple of seconds whether or not your hair is out of place or your outfit is "ok." But, if you stop and stare, you will see that not only is your hair out of place, but you have lipstick on your teeth and a stain on your shirt as well.

Like the mirror to see what I look like physically, the Lord is showing me what my heart looks like on the inside. I've asked the Lord to use me and teach me, to show me what it means to crave peace and choose joy in the midst of any situation. These past 3 weeks, I'm seeing a lot of things about myself that I've never seen before. I'm really examining my heart to see what desires of the flesh are stronger and how to pray more effectively against such things.

Thank you, Lord, for your revelations and your patience and I strive to grow more in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment